T-bagging at the Glenn Beck rally in DC

I was in Washington, DC today and attended Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally. I didn’t know what I was getting into two months ago when my mom asked me if I would meet her in DC for a “veterans’ memorial event” and I agreed. Both of my grandparents on her side of the family were WWII vets and, not bothering to look up the event, I just assumed it would be a boring speech by a general or something. Needless to say, I was stunned when I realized that she’s tricked me into attending a tea party rally led by one of the most hateful bigots in the media.

But I’m the kind of person who will try to make the best out of any situation, and walking to the Lincoln Memorial from the Arlington Cemetery subway stop, I passed this couple that gave me an idea of just how to do this…

They were posing for a picture for someone else, and I just kind of walked by and snapped one too, wondering to myself how much the people who made those t-shirts profited from this rally.

Then I started to notice more and more people with full-on tea bagger gear, so I made it my mission to photograph T-shirts with the most idiotic things I could find on them.The closer I got to the stage, the better (read: more absurd, unbelievable) they got.

If “Jesus Is The Standard!” doesn’t that make you and everyone else sub par?

Shirt: “Do you miss me now?” (O is George W’s face)

Hat: “FIRE PELOSI”

No, and no thank you.

“Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem.” Pretty ironic slogan for a group of people trying to weasel their way into positions of power in the government. I guess it’s only a problem when you don’t have the power.

“In the beginning, the Intelligent Designer created the heavens and the earth.” -Genesis 1:1

Wow, I didn’t know YOU did all that creation stuff? Nice work, you’ve got a lot of fans at this rally.

“Bitter typical white person clinging to god and my guns.”

I’ve never lied so hard in my life as I did when I complimented this guy’s shirt so I could get this pic.

A walking enforcer of Godwin’s Law…

“Truth is hate to those who hate the truth.” I’ll bet you thought you were being clever with this one, but you should have just had “I’m a bigot” printed on there. Same message, more concise. Probably would have saved a few bucks at the printer.

The OTHER periodic table.

Glenn Beck peek-a-boo.

Living in New York City in the lovely bubble of educated, liberal people I’ve surrounded myself with, I forget that people like this exist sometimes. This rally wan an intense reminder that not only do they exist, they represent an extremely large proportion of the population.

Terrifying.

About these ads

32 thoughts on “T-bagging at the Glenn Beck rally in DC

1. Matt

You fuckin liberal pieces of shit need to get the fuck out of my country and go live in fuckin china or north Korea or Cuba and see if you get away with your fuckin liberal bullshit in those shithole countries. I know exactly what would happen, you’d show up to a rally with your fuckin liberal pussy bullshit signs, and the state police would come and arrest you and you’d be put in prison and no one would ever hear from you again. Fuckin liberal pieces of shit. Your mom is going to suck cocks in hell when she dies.

2. Matt

I bet you thought you were real fuckin slick goin around like a fuckin pussy that you are photographing Americans wearing patriotic tshirts, thinking “oh man I’m so cool, I’m such a fucking liberal cunt loser who’d get the shit beat out of me by anyone at this rally.”. You fuckin people are real pieces of shit. Liberal fuckin pussies.

3. DrugMonkey

Wait, you mean a fan would use that picture with a burgeoning rectal prolapse Photoshopped on Beck’s mouth? Those teabaggers are even more idiotic than this Matt clown..

4. F. W. Daoti

At least old-timey Klan members were embarrassed enough by their offensive garb so as to hide their faces.

As National Lampoon suggested last evening, I encourage Matt to show up with any shirt with any of his statements. On MLK Boulevard. At night. In East St. Louis.

As for who should leave this great country, I submit that Matt should revisit the reason people busted their asses to come here and make his life so comfortable that he can have the opportunity to spout such bile. You, sir, are a disgrace to this country I love and sacrificed to come to in the 1880s.

1. Troll Feeser

C’mon Matt. You know Staten Island is only technically New York, like the Jets and the Giants are only figuratively New York.

1. Matt

No I’m not a disgrace you fuckin bitch, but the shut I did to your daughter last night was. That little fuckin slut is nasty.

5. arikia

Matt, way to represent your movement. I’m kind of inclined to think you’re a liberal posing as a tea bagger just to confirm our suspicians about your kind.

6. Revelation

Matt Matt Matt,
    It’s nice to have you talk about what protesting in other countries would be like when this whole thing is about your people protesting. I guess we should lock your ass up since guess what you little KKK lover, we’re in power bitch! Trust me, if we weren’t such liberal bitches who believed everyone should have a chance to speak their minds, you’d be long gone. Single shot to the back of the head my dear friend. ….ing poser moron – I bet you work on Wall St. And smile at all your “friends” pretending you’re a normal person. Suck you own dick.

And btw, just because you’ve been raped by everyone you know, including your mom, dad (who obviously left early in your life after beating you), and older brother, doesn’t mean you need to take it out on your daughter or us. Let it go man… And my dad isn’t a bitch just because he didn’t accept your advances.

I bet life in NYC is real hard up there on 60th and Broadway or wherever you live…

7. Christopher Mims

The Tea Party movement has been hijacked by social conservatives, if it ever was about anything else in the first place. I’d really like some well-reasoned opposition to the current entrenched interests, and not this mindless reactionary bullshit. Seriously, an idiotic GOP doesn’t serve *anyone’s* interests.

8. Rocket Scientista

I, living in my various liberal enclaves, have forgotten this stuff is real. It seems consistently so much like a bad caricature that I have a hard time convincing myself people do actually believe this. As much as I consider myself a super-crazy-lefty, I couldn’t imagine ever being ok with a movement that’s so blinded by its beliefs that it’s so angry, counter-productive, and just…insane.

Thanks for the pics–those shirts do definitely provide some great (and also sad) comic relief.

9. Haifa

How fortunate for America, most Americans don’t think. They are busy eating, drinking and inhaling. This is the abyss of total darkness & national ignorance.

10. Ridley

Americans need to wake up the fact that Beck is simply another opinion pushing charlatan who is a product of mormon cult theology and he mixes this with his personal make up as a dry alcoholic. On his radio show and Fox Network program he consistently demonstrates all the unstable behaviors of a dry alcoholic, which include grandiosity, judgmentalism, intolerance, impulsivity, ADD and indecisiveness. Alongside that reality, Glenn Beck does not possess a single ounce of journalistic integrity, has no college degree, has no qualifications and he is definitely not a true conservative. But then, what can anyone expect from someone who can’t find anything filthier than their own personal reflection?
    Since people like Beck cannot survive on the basis of any personal merits, they survive by putting others down with lies and half truths in order to feel good about themselves. The truth about Beck is that he is a dry mormon alcoholic who never got the counseling required for alcoholics.
    To further complicate things and confuse people, Beck flippantly throws around Christian terms like “God”, “Jesus”,”Holy Spirit,” as well as voices of other so called “Spirit Powers” on his radio talk show. Beck is a mormon in active standing with the mormon church and is not a Christian. Mormonism teaches many gods, that the god of the earth was once a man who attained godhood status, there is no trinity, the cross of Christ means nothing and that Jesus Christ and Satan were brothers.
    Because Beck does not possess a single ounce of journalistic integrity, he is the perfect abortion poster child for Fox Network. The people who love what Beck says are no different than the impressionable sheep who loved every speech made by Adolf Hitler in his early years when he brought Germany into an era of economic prosperity These same sheep also blindly followed Hitler into one of the darkest chapters of world history.
    Beck and the Fox Network both cater to the same lowest common denominator of demagoguery. Beck would not know the first thing about God as he is a mormon. Someone should ask him which of the many mormon gods he kept talking about during his argument with himself on Saturday on the square in DC. Like a typical dry alcoholic, Beck even lied on national television when he spoke about holding a document signed by George Washington. That event never took place.
    Unfortunately, people who love being led around by the nose do not realize that he is talking about a different god than that of Christianity, Judaism or Islam and that he has been a product of mormon cultism from the day he started doing a radio talk show as an opinion pusher.
    You don’t have to have a degree in psychology to see that he exhibits all the signs of a dry alcoholic. The only reason this unstable impressionable idiot fell into mormonism was because the woman he wanted to have sex with would not do so unless they got first got married and from that point, they joined the mormon cult.
    Glenn Beck is as big a charlatan as Joseph Smith or that fifth grade graduate (Charles T Russell) who started the Jehovah’s Witness cult. This is Glenn Beck in a very accurate and concise nutshell. Considering the fact that Beck’s personal views are extreme Marxist Libertarian, his form of patriotism is false and he is a person who has no real substance or depth.
    It will not surprise many of us when Beck’s next big thing is to come out of the closet and announce his homosexuality to the nation.

1. John Force

Wow Ridley, you are quite angry. If you were a journalist i’m sure your integrity would be up there in the highly rated msnbc journalists like Keith Olberman and Chris Matthews. You’re just angry or you must be a Moonbat progressive. If you are anything but, please let us know .Your rant was much less mature than the 13 year old Techguy response. What are you?

11. Tecguy11

I am going to be the first to make a peaceful intelligent comment here and say that this rally being for the tea party could not be farther from the truth. I’m 13 and vividly into politics and was there. Even I understand that Beck’s rally was nothing more than a rally for faith, hope, and charity and, THE TRUTH. It was peaceful and at no time was the words “tea” “tea-bagger” Motioned. Ridley must not watch his show because Glenn mentioned yesterday that since he has no collage education, he spends more of his own money for research in his radio show that any other broadcaster in the history of over the air broadcasting. PROVE ME AND HIM WRONG. For the religious aspect of his program, I don’t always agree with what he says but he talks about religion being his option and you should figure out yourself what you should believe. If you don’t believe, that’s ok but he always judges someone “on the content of their character” PROVE ME WRONG!